Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I don't take lives, I save them.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

I don't take lives, I save them. Empty
PostSubject: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 1:51 am

Finally, when things started to look bleak, the small female had finally located the place she needed to be. To sign up for what was needed for her sanity, for her purpose. Having passed the border an hour ago, the female now sat in the office, leg tapping anxiously to get things over with and in order. A small bite to the corner of her bottom lip, showed just how anxious she really was. Brown eyes occasionally glancing at the clock located just to her left, and taking a deep sigh, she decided things wouldn't hasten any more than she wanted to. Stopping the tap, and releasing her lip from her teeth, she slumped in the chair a bit, while putting a loose strand of her black locks from her ponytail behind her ear. Bangs dipping as she lowered her head, the anxiety of wanting to actually get a decent part in this world was catching up with her no sleep and all research ordeal she had been pulling off lately. Another glance at the clock, and Melissa was up and pacing back and forth. The small duffel bag next to her chair, made her worry about her choice in clothing being too much or too little. But shrugged off her worry and decided, if her white button down shirt and jeans weren't good enough, then they could go suck it. Or as she liked to say, 'A la mierda'.

Stopping her pacing, she sat back down, deciding if this was really for her or not. Melissa had done a ton of research on this place and the people they needed. That was part of her reason for anxiety, because she was so exhausted from researching, that she just wanted to get it over with and start doing what she loved. 'Helping people...' she reassured herself, and smiled at all the people she had helped so far, and though she wouldn't mention it to these people, but she had in the past helped a few, if little, different creatures. She couldn't help it, she was just friendly... some would say a little too friendly and caring.
Back to top Go down
Dominus Demetri
Admin
Dominus Demetri

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:38 am

((Either General Liara or Sergeant Loch will get a reply to you.))
Back to top Go down
http://ageofthewolves.forumotion.com/
Sergeant Loch
Human
Sergeant Loch

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 2:30 pm

The muscular figure reached for the doorknob, opening in a slow yet swift movement. The light from the other room shined, making the dark room's shadows dance away. Emerald eyes examined the fragile-looking girl who sat in the chair and a small smile grew upon his lips. He had been recruited by General Liara, and knew that this could be his chance to prove himself, and maybe get promoted to a higher rank. He was determined to show his worthiness, and getting more humans who were fit for the job would be a good way to do so. Loch looked the girl up and down, seeing if she carried any weapons before warily sitting down at the seat across from her, resting his arms on the desk that separated the two.

"Hello, my name is Sergeant Loch." He raised his eyebrows as a strand of her hair fell from behind her ear, showing a poor job of her putting it there just moments before. The Sergeant noticed her anxiety and noted her little smile. He wouldn't lie, she was appealing to look at, but wouldn't let his thoughts change how he had to think of her. Or at least, for now. He narrowed his eyes, not letting it seem mean or rude, and gave a quick glance to the duffel bag which sat beside her.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 4:22 pm

The small female was completely caught up in her thoughts, that she barely registered a male walking in and sitting in the desk in front of her. The only point that she realized there was another person, was by his voice. Quickly, brown eyes found green, and she stood, "I'm so sorry" she said with a slightly embarrassed smile along with rosy cheeks. Extending a delicate hand, and a warm smile replacing the embarrassed one, Melissa quickly composed herself, and spoke with her Spanish accent, "Nice to meet you Sergeant Loche, my name is Melissa Carthur". The delicate hand gave a firm shake, and she followed his eyes to her duffel. Releasing his hand, the female slowly sat back down to put a hand to the duffel. "Necessities" she said simply, and took her hand away to place it in her lap along with the other. Firmly locking her fingers together, she kept her eyes on his, "I'm guessing you know why I am here, no?"

Melissa's mind was fluttered with many things, and even found his green eyes to be some what admirable, and sort of beautiful. Yet she quickly diminished the thought, and focused solely on her job, what she was going to do, and nothing more than that. However, she had to wait for whatever he had in mind for her, and knew he would want her to prove herself. Although the application might have been plenty, she still had to prove herself physically. The physical part, was something she craved rather than the written portion. Taking a small deep breath in, she focused on slowing her anxious mind that was ready to get to work... eager, almost.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Loch
Human
Sergeant Loch

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:14 pm

He raised his eyebrows, taking in the Spanish accent and the roll of her tongue. It sounded unique and he enjoyed hearing her speak, but ignored what his conscience was telling him. He reached out, accept the hand with a firm grip. Her strength surprised him, and her touch sent a slight tingle up his arm. He let his hand fall to his side, nodding when she saw his gaze. "Yes, I'm pretty sure I do, ma'am. But do you know what is needed to be done?" He examined her hands, smiling slightly. She kept them tight and he noticed the tension in them.

"Is there a certain position you would like?" He saw the muscles, knowing she would be a good sparring partner, once time came to that, but he knew she would have to fill out the Enlistment part, first. He reached into one of the drawers, pulling out a form a few pages thick and sliding it to her. "You will need to complete this, but while you do so, I'd like to know a few things about the person I might be letting into such a dangerous environment and job," he chuckled, already knowing full well that this female would be well capable of doing such.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 11:52 pm

She listened to him for a minute, and without hesitation she nodded her head, "A medic, as I feel that I am more than fit for the job, but am willing to do whatever you wish for that position". Leaning, she grabbed the form, but didn't take her eyes off his, until she had to grab for a pen. Once she had one, she silently started to fill it out, and thought about his last statement. A small smirk entering her lips while she looked into his eyes briefly, trailing his form in silent approval, "I'm sure you are well aware of my missionaries and medical practices, Sergeant Loch." Pausing, she filled out the first page and flipped it over to start filling out the other, vigorously and yet in neat handwriting.

Looking up briefly again, she gave her own small chuckle, "As you can tell, I am a fervent multitasker, I like to get things done, and as far as work in the field. I know how to work with less than the bare necessities required for assisting people, even in the most dire situations." She was starting to finish the packet in whole, when she stopped writing. Thoughts solely on her work, as she kept her eyes to the ground for a minute, before bringing them up to Sergeant Loch. Her smile widening with a glossy look, "If you want to know something about me... it's that, I don't take lives... I save them" taking a deep breath in and out, she kept silent for a few breathes, before having to divert her eyes from the sergeants attractive features. Going back to finishing up the packet to the fullest and best of her ability.

As Melissa was doing so, a small pink end of her tongue came out in concentration, and another lock fell out, to which she ignored. Heart pumping fast, the small female could feel how close she was to getting to her goal. To showing people that they were in good hands, that they are cared for, even when others aren't there to care for them. For that's all she ever wanted to do for people, was to save them from the brink of death, and show them that people care and are even willing to die for them. Her smile stayed on her face, but her eyes were glossed over in another place, another thought. When she passed the many thoughts in her head, she shot up, "Oh my goodness, I almost forgot!" and a chuckle came out, as she patted her duffel. "I'm trained in the hand gun and sniper rifle. I use these to mostly protect my patients as well as my comrades", the only thing this woman forgot was herself, and well, when it came to her job or life in general, she never really thought of herself, almost never.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 9:26 pm

Moving from his cubicle, he walked to the main building lobby. He looked around for something to do, then walked into the break room and made himself some coffee. Grabbing his mug, he placed it on the counter. The white mug read, "I'm a badass." It was something he drank from every day and every day, Liara told him to get rid of it. She could make him cut his hair, change his clothes, but he would never give up the mug. Pouring the coffee into the mug, he placed it back on the heated pad and grabbed the sugar. He opened the fridge and grabbed the bottle of creamer labeled "Liara". Opening the top, he poured some into his coffee and placed it back in the fridge. Picking a spoon from the drawer, he swirled it around the mug, mixing coffee with creamer and sugar. Once he got it just the way he liked it, he added more sugar and walked out of the break room with his mug. As he walked around the building, he noticed a beautiful figure seated within the waiting room. "Holy shit," he said to himself as he made way towards the room.

Opening the door slowly he stepped inside and smiled to the female. "My what a pleasant surprise to see a female joining our ranks. I mean, another one, of course.." he said with a smile. "I do hope, for the sake of our Airmen, that you will not be in the front lines. It would be horrible seeing such a beautiful creature as yourself getting hurt or god forbid, distracting our men out there." He was mostly joking and somewhat serious with her. She was a beautiful woman, almost as beautiful as Liara, but not the top of his lineup. But as he got his flirtation out of the way, it was time for him to be professional. Taking a sip from his mug, he looked over to Sergeant Loch. "Is everything going alright? Has she done the oath yet or am I right on time for such a thing?" He looked over the Sergeant. He hadn't met him before, but he had heard his name mentioned between conversations of Svet and Liara. Now would be a good time to meet the guy, after all, it was said he was a candidate for Major, along with Svet. As he moved around the room, he took a seat behind the desk and looked over them both.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Loch
Human
Sergeant Loch

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:28 pm

The male couldn't tear his eyes away from this beautiful woman. He had never really had a desire for female, but even if he had, he didn't notice it like he did with her. He watched a strand of hair fall from behind her ear and she didn't react. His movements were quick and swift as his long arm filled the distance between them, gently brushing the stand behind her ear once more. The hand shot back, his eyes wide as he realized he didn't mean to do such a thing. Embarrassment quickly filled his thoughts as he wondered if he just ruined everything. Suddenly, from the corner of his eyes, he heard a murmur and a figure emerge from the side. Loch's head turned, meeting eyes with the lieutenant, Wesley. He had heard quite a bit about the male, both good and bad. Jealousy filled Loch as he saw Wesley look at Melissa, but pushed away his bubbling emotions. Usually he was very good with keeping a calm complexion, so he would try to do so, while acting official and friendly at the same time.

"Everything's going along great, thank you." He held his head high, showing that he could handle everything just fine. Loch knew that he was considered a good candidate for being the male major, and he had to prove that he could cope without the help of another person. He wasn't going to be rude and ask for the lieutenant to leave or anything, and he thought it would be a smart idea to have him see how well he did with his first applicant. Maybe Wesley would even tell General Liara about how well he did. "Fortunately, you're just in time. I was just getting ready to get Melissa, here, to recite the oath." He liked the way her name sounded, as did he enjoy the way she said his name. He turned to the female, flashing a smile before giving her the simple directions.

"Okay, miss Carthur, please hold up your right hand, and repeat after me." He held up his correct hand, just to demonstrate and give a point. He began to say what he had practiced many times, pausing after each sentence and waiting for the ma'am to repeat after him. "I have voluntarily enlisted myself, as a," Loch paused, changing the word 'soldier' to what she wanted to join as, "medic, in this army. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as are, or shall be, established. I swear to honestly and faithfully be against all our enemies, opposers and whatsoever; and to observe and obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers set over me by them." His and her words were left ringing in the room, their voices strong and confident.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 10:50 pm

When she felt a hand put her loose lock back where it was, she simply looked up with a smile, but before she could reply her "thanks" another male came in. He seemed to her like the ones she was more used to dealing with. Outgoing, and overbearing in their quest to annoy her. Giving a sigh, she smiled, but knitted her brows in confusion, as she turned her gaze to look at Loch in a silent plea of help. Melissa wasn't used to flirting, and well, the very thought was just not processing. "The very thought of me getting hurt, or causing a distraction is the least of my priorities, sir" she said politely with a chuckle and a shake of her head.

Her thoughts though, ran back to Sergeant Loch as he reverted her attention back to him. Those green eyes were entrancing, and unlike anything she had seen before, but the small female merely shoved the thought away again. Smiling warmly, she sat up straighter, lifting her right hand, and never leaving his eyes as she repeated after him.

"I have voluntarily enlisted myself, as a... medic, in this army. I do bind myself to conform, in all instances, to such rules and regulations, as are, or shall be, established. I swear to honestly and faithfully be against all our enemies, opposers and whatsoever; and to observe and obey the orders of the Generals and the orders of the officers set over me by them."

By then, her accent was dominant in her speech, but it was still easily heard, and enunciated well, as she turned to look at the both of them. A brighter smile returning to Sergeant Loch, "Thank you" was all she could say, before turning back to the packet and filling the rest out quickly. Once the small female was finished, she flipped the pages over to where they had started and thumbed through them once more, to make sure she didn't miss any, before handing the packet back to Sergeant Loch. "So..." she said with a small clasp of her hands together in her lap again, and almost a jump of jitteriness, "When do I start?" Looking from the both of them, she couldn't help the smile that stuck to her face, 'Finally!' her thoughts screamed to her.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:13 pm

He stood from his seat, pulling the papers towards him once she was done. He looked over everything to make sure it was filled out properly and even filled in places for which Liara would need to sign, but signed in her place. It would make it easier on the General. "I, Lieutenant Wesley have signed the paperwork and you are officially a member in our Army. You will do as you are told by your higher authorities and in time shall meet the General herself. We shall get you to supply to get your uniforms and you will be put into a small bit of training. You will need to be physically fit if you wish to work in such a critical position. You will be tested bi annually and expected to keep to the standard. On the day you meet with the General, you will be dressed in your blues and look better than you ever have in your whole damned life. I will teach you the ways to report to your commander, but for now, you will be shown to your quarters. Once you are comfortable, a cab shall pick you up and show you around base. If you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to call me." Ripping a piece of paper, he wrote his cellphone number down and handed it to her. He gave her a smile and picked up his coffee drinking from it, and looking to Loch. "Good work soldier. We hope to see more out of our bright little star," he joked as he grabbed the tip of Loch's nose and walked out the door.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Loch
Human
Sergeant Loch

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 pm

Loch listened carefully as the lieutenant spoke, surprised he would sign for the General. He understood Wesley was trying to take off the pressure of work for the General, but maybe Liara wanted to see her new recruit. Regardless, Melissa was now part of the Army, a medic at that. He remembered what she had said, 'I don't take lives.. I save them,' and the thought of his brother, Keev, came to mind. He shook the thought away, looking at her beautiful eyes. It was her day to be happy, and he wasn't going to let some thought of his past ruin it for her. He might even show her around, if she wanted him to. His head jerked back slightly when the other male touched his nose and gave a slight glare, but then blinked, all signs of anger gone. He watched as the small man walked out the room and then turned to the female once more.

"Melissa, if you'd like, I'll show you around a bit.. maybe even help you find your way to your new quarters." His face lit up, an idea coming to mind. "Maybe I can request training with you from Liara, the General. You can meet her, too." Loch's mind raced, thinking of all the possibilities he could do with this charming Medic. He would have duties to attend to--like accepting more members which seemed to come in more frequently, which was good--but that doesn't mean he couldn't help the new recruit-in-training. He beamed up at her, ready for what was to come with this intriguing ma'am.

[Congratulations! You have been accepted as a Medic! You do not need to reply to this, but you may do so if you please. Feel free to ask any questions, from either Loch or Wesley. Thank you for joining humans!]
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:11 am

[Thanks! ^_^ So... am I allowed to post in the accepted humans section? Also, the only thing I'm still trying to get the hang of here is the posting. Not used to posting a new thread... it's all very strange o.o]

Oh goodness, all of what Wesley had told her was a bit overwhelming, and she grabbed the paper with a simple nod to her head. Watching him walk out, she then silently blew a breath of a sigh out. Closing her eyes briefly, before turning her attention back to Loch. Somehow, she felt a little more at home with the man, as he didn't seem to be as overwhelming as Wesley was. He seemed a bit bothered, and she wanted to ask why, maybe even comfort the man, but in an instant, the bothered look disappeared. Replacing it with a smile, that matched her own, the small female stood, grabbing her duffel and swinging it over her shoulder. "I would be honored to spend time with you Sergeant Loch" she said, adjusting the shoulder strap, before tucking the darn lock of hair that kept falling out of her ponytail.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Loch
Human
Sergeant Loch

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 12:18 am

[Yes, you may. You may change your name to Medic Melissa now, if you'd like. Also, with the whole posting situation, you may now post anywhere in the Human Territory, or Neutral Territories. Using the '(Open)' signifies that anyone may post in your thread, while using '(Some Certain Name)' means only that person, and of course any others that you allow, may post in it. Any other questions, feel free to ask!]

[One other thing; I'm not going to reply to this thread, as what this was intended for was wrapped up, but if you would like to continue your encounter with Loch, you're more than welcome to make a new thread. And again, Congratulations!]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I don't take lives, I save them.   I don't take lives, I save them. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I don't take lives, I save them.
Page 1 of 1