Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Poking The Monkeys [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

Poking The Monkeys [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:48 am

His time among the humans had been interesting to say the least. He had met a werewolf female, lingered around her within the confines of the Lavender Lounge, never to see her again. Was it a simple kiss? A one night fling? He was insure, but he knew she was fascinating, beautiful beyond any human he had ever seen. His mind was captivated around her, and yet he did not go looking for her. Instead he kept to his matters at work, finally finding some time for himself. It had been a while since he had really adventured in neutral lands, deciding that he should in fact, discover the areas he could for himself. As he thought about the other places to visit, he thought of the zoo. The last time he ventured to the zoo, it was with his parents. He was probably only a young boy, not old enough to venture on his own, but instead scrutinized under his parental supervision. Perhaps now was as good of a time as any to venture to the zoo and see what new animals they had collected. Driving to the zoo, he parked further from the entrance, allowing himself time to walk to the ticket booth. "One adult, please." As the teller handed him his ticket, he slid his Denari her way through the tiny hole. "Thank you," he said as he walked into the doors to the zoo. He grabbed a map on his way in and opened it to find a wide array of animals in this place. First he would go to the monkey's cage and see what they were all about.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:22 pm

[Mind if I join? c:]

An amused smile played on the lips of a single female in the crowd of many, her eyes peering around figures that blocked her view so she could see into the zoo. She ignored those who tried to speak to her, her blue hues trained on what she wanted to admire. The monkeys seemed like a good place to start off, as they were one of the closest exhibits to the entrance. She handed the teller her currency and received a map, both women thanking each other. The Shifter glanced down at the map, navigating her way to the large scale version of what rested on the glossy paper. This was the first time she had been to a zoo in what seemed like ages; the last time was on a field trip with her foster family. Aremet had decided to get out and explore more of Lunari Addunt, as she had never seen much besides the Shifter’s territory, never daring to venture outside of it. This wasn’t because she was afraid, but more as she had no purpose to leave it. Today, however, was an acceptation. She needed to get out and have an adventure. She glanced around, her eyes connecting with the animals’. A frown was soon on her face, feeling sympathy for the caged creatures. Did they deserve a life like that? Tearing her gaze away from the miserable-looking captives, she found herself standing in front of the monkeys, a man staring up at them from beside her. His body was still, as if there was something at the back of his mind that was bothering him, though not entirely in a bad way. After a few moments, she turned to him. “Hello, my name is Aremet.” Instantly, she regretted it, feeling as though he might think she was just another girl that was trying to bother him. “I’m sorry, I’ll leave you alone.” She bit her lip, walking to the other side of the cage, a flash of anger consuming her. Why was she embarrassed? Was she embarrassed? She was Bellator Aremet of the Shifters and she shouldn’t feel awkward because she chose to talk to some man. Rolling her eyes at herself, she focused on the primates that swung around in their cage.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 12:24 pm

To Wesley, the monkeys had the best exhibit. They had so many things to do inside their cage. They swung from rope toys, climbed up the netting around the cage, and even played with large toys on the ground. Some groomed one another, it was interesting and intriguing to watch them. Many people seemed to be in the zoo this day, but Wesley hadn't cared. He was bumped into and shoved, but he was a strong individual, good on his feet, able to withstand any push or shove. It was not until a girl introduced herself to him did he take his eyes off the creatures. He was curious as to how long he had been looking to them, but soon found his eyes drifting to hers. She had beautiful blue eyes, they were bright and seemed to twinkle beneath the sun. Wesley was immediately drawn to her. But just as soon as she introduced herself, she was gone. Her blonde hair bounced slightly as she moved from his side. Curious to her actions, he could not help but to smile. Taking a few strides, he was no longer standing before the monkeys, but moved to her side. He held out his hand to her, "I am Wesley, and it is a pleasure to meet you Aremet. But you have shocked me, and that does not happen often. Why did you leave?" He held a captivating smile on his face. His eyes moved to stare in hers, looking to see what she might have been thinking about him.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 12:41 pm

Her eyes were directed to the monkeys, silently cursing herself for the sudden embarrassment she had just experienced. She watched them carefully, their actions somewhat captivating. It wasn't until a voice sounded next to her that she turned to see the male she had just walked away from. Her breath caught in her throat when she heard his rank. He was part of the army. Then, he spoke more causing her to be flattered. She glanced away as heat rose to her cheeks. Should she tell him she was a Shifter? She turned back to him, a small smile playing on her lips. He was alluring, but how was his attitude? "It is a pleasure to meet you, too, Lieutenant Wesley." He had chocolate brown eyes that captured her gaze for a moment until she could examine the rest of him before answered his inquiry. He had almost-matching brown hair that spiked up in the front, as well as a little scruff under his chin. She bit her lip, grazing his body with her blue eyes for a brief moment before looking back up at him. "I am asking myself the same question, Lieutenant." She glanced away, letting her thoughts consume her. She had heard of the human leader. It was said that she hated all races besides the one she resided in. Fearing for her life for a second, she took a small step away from him. What if their General - which she thought was what the human leader was called - showed up there and slaughtered her? The wolf Shifter could take on the woman with no problem, but she had no intention of killing anyone whilst there was no war. When her attention was back on the man, she noticed how deeply their eyes were staring into each other's and she raised an eyebrow in amusement. What was he going to say next?
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:27 pm

When he had first approached her, she had been looking to the animals, perhaps thinking to herself or just very confused. Wesley waited for her to turn to him. When she did, she called him by his rank. For a moment, Wesley went into shock. He thought back over his introduction, and never did he mention his rank, or that he was a human. So how did she know who he was. Taking a step back, he looked at her, studying her. Perhaps she had heard of him. He did not know who she was, other than her name was Aremet. He could feel his hands tighten, along with his muscles in his back. "Umm... I didn't tell you my rank or anything like that, so how do you know who I am?" he asked as he immediately regretted not bringing his weapon. He thought about leaving and getting as far from her as possible, but she was attractive and she must have admired him or something.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 4:12 pm

[Did I misread it? o.o Oops! Well, I'll just go along with it...]

She watched as he went rigid and she tilted her head thoughtfully. He was no danger to her, as the fear was obviously caused by him not having a defensive item. Even if he did, she could probably take him on. She turned to the monkeys once more, her hand touching the metal poles that caged the creatures, running her fingertips down it. Without looking back to him, she smiled softly and her whole demeanor changed. It suddenly felt like a game to her. "You're well-known among humans," she murmured, watching a certain monkey hang with one arm on a pole. She didn't know if this was true, but she couldn't just say she could smell that he was. That would give away her race. She smirked, glancing at him. "Don't fear, Wesley. I am not going to harm you. I am but a mere woman, correct? You should be able to 'take me on'." If I was human. She gazed out through the throng of people, the smug facial expression still there. Whether or not she was of a different race, should a male such as his self be so worried? By the look on his face, only a small reason was holding his feet in the same place, not moving. She raised an eyebrow, wondering what he was going to say next.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 pm

So he was well known. He had never heard it before. But perhaps his name had been passed from the werewolf he met those many months ago. was Aremet a werewolf? She gave clues which hinted she was not a human. By calling them "humans" was a dead give away. Sure humans had called humans by their race before, but not between one another. Whatever she was, Wesley was intrigued. "Take you on? Oh I am sure that would be something I could do.." he said flirtatiously as he looked over her body with a tainted smirk. She was gorgeous, and he found himself finding a liking to blondes. Her eyes popped brilliantly in the sunlight. Wesley smiled and thought hard as to what he was going to ask her. The words began to shuffle together as he formed them into a question. "Aremet, I know you are not a human. But I can promise you that you are safe, for many reasons. One, I do not have my fire arm. Second, we are in neutral lands, and I am not allowed to act violently. Third, I actually find the exotic females to be the most beautiful of them all. You have something special, and I find it intriguing, so, what race are you?" He gave a slight smile to her, looking over her body before eying a monkey which was close to the pair currently.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:30 pm

She raised an eyebrow, tilting her head, a smirk remaining on her face. "And what might that be?" she asked, resisting a wink. By the way he examined her, she knew he enjoyed her physical appearance. She chuckled, leaning on the heels of her foot, listening to the rest of his words. The reasons he gave made her not blush anymore, so much as feel amused. "Ah, a clever eye you have, don't you?" she inquired, though it did not require an answer. "I am Bellator of the Shifters." Her words flowed from her mouth, a smile playing on her lips. "I will take such things as a compliment." She followed his eyes to the creature that moved around near them and watched it carefully. What was so intriguing about these animals? She looked back unconsciously to the male, already able to determine a few characteristics about him. He was obviously charming with an alluring personality, but she could tell he thought quite highly of himself sometimes. Aremet wondered why most humans couldn't look like him. There would be a lot more couples in the world if this was the case. However, there would have to be more improvements in girls', too. Frowning for a moment, she didn't want her thoughts to sound self-centered, but it was the truth.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 am

Bellator, he was not familiar with, but Shifter, he was. He knew what a shifter was, but he found himself being even more interested in the female. Liara would highly disapprove of his actions, but they were in neutral lands. It wasn't like he was going to sweep her off her feet and take her home. That would for sure be a sign of her death. Wesley looked over the girl, millions of questions rolled in his head. He had heard a great deal about their race, read tons of research papers that Liara had written herself. Looking at her, he gave a tender smile. "So if you are a shifter, what is the creature you turn into?" He also thought about asking her about her age, but his mother had taught him much better than that. Women did not want you to know their age, it was some kind of sacred secret or something. Wesley was wise to keep that question off his lips, but it still lingered in his mind. "Would you be interested in proving you are what you say? I'm sure they have a wild animal of whatever you shift into here. I wouldn't recommend shifting, as it could freak some people out, but maybe just talk to them. I think that would be really cool."
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 3:51 pm

She chuckled as his gaze upon her. Did he think that being a Shifter was that alluring? She knew he longed to as her a few things, but all of them were not voiced. Only two, which seemed to be a question that most people would ask. She had a feeling he knew a bit, as there were hundreds of books on Werewolves, Shifters, Mora, and Vampires. Humans were so fascinated with other races and it was quite amusing. They would never know everything about each race, but they truly did know a lot. "I have the ability to turn into a white wolf," she said, looking around at the creatures that were being held captive in the zoo. Her eyes found the pelt of a wolf just as his next question entered her ears. She raised her eyebrows, looking back over to him. "Do you not believe what I say?" she asked thoughtfully, watching his gaze. It seemed as though he hoped she meant what she said. She smirked, nodding, and spun on her heel, walking over to the wolf cage. She knew the man was following her and it was quite funny to have someone so captivated in her. No doubt, she had men that would follow her and try to get her number and such, but this was for a whole new reason. He wished to see what skills she had. She paused in front of the exhibit with the wolves and she looked at Wesley, waiting for him to say something that would give her the 'okay'. She tried not to laugh at her actions. Waiting for a man's command? She must be really out of her character today.
Back to top Go down
NPC Wolf
Prospect
NPC Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 4:46 pm

Pacing back and forth, the wolf moved along with the family he had been given. His tail swayed between his legs, moving back and forth. He was the Alpha of the group, having been in the zoo longer than the rest. There was another male, but it was much smaller and less strong than he. As he moved on all four paws, his eyes watched the people. There were some that looked like humans, but the scents gave away the truth. Honestly, he felt bad for the shifters, having to be partially human. Such gross creatures, the humans were. They caged things, killed like it was no bother and destroyed the precious earth. He moved to lay on a rock, it was not far from the view of the humans, but not close either. He closed his eyes and rested his chin on crossed paws. He sighed as he pushed the air through his nostrils. His tail laid on the ground behind him. His ears rested on his head as he sighed once more. Another wolf walked by him, but he ignored it, just watching the humans mingle and everything.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 7:43 pm

"No, no, I believe you. I just want to see it. I think it would be very cool. If you are willing to show me?" He grabbed her hand and walked with her looking for the wolves. When he was standing right before the cage, he looked to the wolf on the rock. The other wolves seemed to be minding their business, but this wolf looked like he was staring at them. He could only wonder if the creature was actually listening to what they were saying, or if this beast was just a savage and primal animal. Looking over the creature, resting on the rock, Wesley rubbed his hand over his cheek. "So since you can talk to wolves... why don't you talk to this one?" he asked with a twisted smile. His single finger pointed to the rock mounted wolf. He was really curious if Aremet would actually be able to speak to it. "If and if you truly can speak to this animal. I want you to make it bark, scratch its nose, wag its tail, sit, lay down, and finally howl so the other wolves begin to howl as well. If you really can do all this, then I will believe this beautiful, sexy thing before me truly is a shifter, a wolf one, that is." He gave her a playful smile, one which encouraged the girl to so as he had requested.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Awkwardly, she took her hand from his to examine the wolf. She would be willing to show him, but what did he wish for her to do? Her question was answered when he gave he a list of things he wished for her to do. She gaped at him, surprise filling her. He wished for her to do all that? Anyone or anything would despise doing that. With slightly narrowed eyes, she turned her attention on the wolf that he pointed to which lied on a rock near her. While watching him, she examined him. By the way he had walked over to the rock, he held dominance over all the others. His pelt stood out against the grey cage and he would be better suited for the woods, where it would blend quite nicely with brown leaves. With a frown, she gazed at the male for a moment, then called out gently to it. Her voice was loud enough for the wold's sensitive ears to hear, but soft enough for surrounding humans to disregard. She knew she did not speak English when she communicated with the animals she could shift into, but that did not matter. Although, to anyone besides a wolf or another wolf Shifter, it sounded like a series of grunts or growls. "Wolf!" she said, his name unknown to her. "As you can tell, I am a Shifter. I have a few tasks for you." She let her eyes travel to Wesley, without her head moving, before looking back to the creature who sat upon the rock. "This human has requested me to ask you to do a few things as proof that I am what I claim I am. Not that Shifting wouldn't show him..." her voice trailed off for a moment as she imagined what would happen if she did such a thing in public. It was slightly amusing, but she brought her mind back to the present. "I really do apologize for the stupidity of this, but it is quite simple. You are the Alpha, and I should not be commanding you. You are strong and powerful, though I still ask this of you." The compliments might help her in attempting to get him to do something, but she paused for a moment, their eyes locking. "I request that you may bark, scratch your nose, wag your tail, sit, lay down, and then howl. I expect the others will join along with you." Grimacing, she watched his actions, praying that he would make an exception for her this one time, though it would not be surprising if he did not comply. Looking back at the Lieutenant for a moment, she tried not to chuckle. He seemed to put his guard down whilst he was around her, which was quite a bad idea. She could rip him to shreds in seconds before he had time to even pull out a weapon; which he didn't even have. A man should not be so trusting in women, despite how innocent or incapable they look.
Back to top Go down
NPC Wolf
Prospect
NPC Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 7:52 pm

When the female stared to him, he had not noticed it at all. He was in his own world, watching the other creatures and humans around him. When she began to speak, that was when he actually looked to her. His eye moved to Wesley as she spoke of him. It sighed, breathing out its hot breath as he looked back to the female. He was not impressed, nor did he really wish to hear anything of which she was saying. He stood up on the rock, listening to her talk. His eyes stared down at her while his tail curled over his spine. "Yes, fae, you speak the truth. I am the Alpha of this pack. That you are correct of. And why should I care about what a human thinks of you? What in turn will you do for me and my pack?" he spoke in growls and snarls, but to her it came out perfectly. But to show he was willing to do as she asked, he sat down and barked loud for all to hear. Lifting his paw, he scratched the tip of his nose. His tail swung from side to side, sweeping back and forth. since he was already sitting, he laid his body down on the rock. For the last task, he looked to the female, then the male. The crowds had been watching his actions. The other wolves within the pack had been watching him. Looking back at the female, he lifted his body from the rock and his chin slowly rose into the sky. He released a blood-curdling howl, a howl with forced the other wolves to chime along. When he finished his song, he looked to the female. "Again I ask, what will you do for us?"
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 6:26 pm

(I was trying to find a reply for this... But I can't really do much, so go ahead and skip me this round, I will give you a reply after wolf replies again.)
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2014 10:37 pm

On the inside, she knew she was stronger and more capable than the puny wolf, but to get him to do what she wanted, she had to act as though she wasn't. She had to go against all instincts and learn to pretend that she was lower and submit. Many times, she disliked doing so. However, she put up with such things in front of her new family because they deserved it. They deserved respect and she was more than willing to give it to them. Her Regina was mighty, as was all the others who ranked above her - and even held the same or lower rank - and she managed to love them all the same. When he did as she asked, she watched him carefully before answering the question that was hanging in the air. Once he finished and repeated the inquiry, she shrugged. "What do you want?" she asked indifferently. Before he could answer, she turned to the human, a smirk instantly forming on her lips. "How was that?" she asked, winking slightly. "Is that good enough proof for you?" she continued cockily. Then, she glanced back at the wolf, though she was still addressing Wesley. "He wants me to do something for him and his pack. What do you think he wants?" Of course, he was going to tell her, but just because he hadn't yet had made her curious. She went silent, listening to the Lieutenant's thought before bringing her attention fully back on the wolf. "What do you want?" she repeated, tilting her head and putting a single hand on her hip.
Back to top Go down
Lieutenant Wesley
Human
Lieutenant Wesley

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:08 pm

((My apologies for the delay. We can go ahead and skip this if you like Aremet. I feel horrible.))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poking The Monkeys [Open]   Poking The Monkeys [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Poking The Monkeys [Open]
Page 1 of 1