Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Cat Nap

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 12:55 am

Sairin sighed in agitation as he walked down the dark road. Looking down at the card in his hand, he read again directions written on them. The dark didn't bother his vision, being a Neko Mora.

The card had been given to him by one of his patients, a Inu Mora, who had seen the way his co-workers had shunned the young phlebotomist. When he had asked what the directions were to, the Inu had explained (after everyone else had left them alone) that the Mora's had land to the south. Sairin had heard of these lands, but always believed them to be a myth. To be polite, Sairin had taken the card, but forgotten about it soon afterwards.

His tail flicked in annoyance as he remembered how, after studying for years to try to advance himself, he was told that his suicide attempt had disqualified him for the position he had wanted to test for. But he had seen the mans eyes flick to his ears as he turned around and the scowl. He had fell into a depression for days afterwards.

However, he remembered soon the card the Inu had given him, and began to look for it. It took him two days to find it. Once he had it though, he came to a conundrum. Root his life up, leave his comfortable little circle of day to day life, to go looking for some place that might not exist?

Remembering that look the Team Leader had given to him he decided that yes. He did.

And so he quit his job, and packed up his clothes, selling what few other possessions he had to fund his move, and began the journey south.

Unfortunately his taxi had stopped about two miles ago, the driver refusing to take him any further. Having not slept for almost two days, he had been rather short with the man. Who, after getting his money, sped off, flipping him off as he went.

He sighed, and began the walk, realizing quite soon that all his clothes had been in his suitcase in the back of the taxi, which definitely wasn't coming back.

That was a couple of hours ago. He had been walking ever since, and in the dark, moonlit spring night, the slight chill led to him switching into his feline form. Unfortunately in this form, he couldn't quite stave off his need for sleep, and more or less collapsed by a tree. He had just enough time to realize that at some point he had wandered into a forest before he fell into a deep sleep.

He awoke to the sound of footsteps. Shifting groggily into his other form, he felt he must make quite the site, laying sprawled out on the forest floor, trying to wake up with the sun high in the sky.
Back to top Go down
King Connor
Mora
King Connor

Character sheet

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2014 5:29 pm

Within gentle hands lay a cup, pooled with a satisfying brown liquid that radiated a sweet aroma and steamy gas into the air to disappear. His finger stroked along the outer rim as he stared at it in deep thought, the color of his olive hues clouding with the rest of the reality and world as his thoughts drowned him deeper into another realm where there was only two people; the Queen, and him smiling at her by her side. As the dream progressed, he began to close his eyes and purr to the warmth the cup made to his palms and tilted his head back slightly. The imaginative realm seemed so peaceful, like nothing could tear him away and it would only grant him hope for the rest of his living, breathing, life with the woman of his dreams. Her eyes were the best feature of her entire presence, enriched with a harvest-moon orange and twinkled with bright, fiery ambers to dance in joy around her pupils. It reminded him of how his foster mother used to look at his brothers and him, an emotion of love and care, to which only made him realize how much he wished to be with the Queen now that he had seen the way she looked back at him when he would at her. He gripped the cup softly and reopened his eyes before bringing it to his lips and taking a long sip to slide down his throat - a smile, so wide and charming, sprawled across his face.

Then as his sights averted away from the coffee-cup, Connor peered outside the glass window and watched as the cars went by, only to be imaged as blurred, fast moving colors whipping passed. Taking his coffee to go, the Noble stood and walked out of the little cafe at the village's one corner, enjoying it on his way back to his little cottage up the hill where it was specifically isolated from the rest, but as well on the same path that lead to the Queen. He remembered his first day being toured around the village by her alone, and when she wished to know what house he wanted, she was almost surprised, but he just smiled and thanked her. If only she knew the real reason why he chose it, he thought. He chuckled and sighed inwardly, flattening his ears against the hair atop his head while his tail hovered just slightly above the ground behind him. He wore nothing more than a simple blue guitar shirt and a pair of clean khaki shorts to accommodate his peaceful stroll through the kingdom for a bit of fresh air. He would often see the Queen over look her lands at the balcony of her cottage at the top of the hill, or rarely walking into her village to come see him for a report or a gathering for perhaps another date or a quick lunch. Now, she had decided to take a vacation, and it was his duty to be in charge of her home while she was a way. The only qualm he had with it was that Bruce, her pet alligator, was not too fond around male's, especially not him unless Willow said something. So far he had not attempted to eat him, so Connor felt thankful for that at least.

Moving along the cemented path, his nose crinkled as a cat-like scent wafted passed. That was strange, for it was not Willow's sweet perfume, but more masculine and almost putrid to his nostrils that it burned. He sneezed and rubbed his nose with his wrist before looking both ways to cross the street, looking here and there until he found the direction to where it was coming from. The noble shook his head and mewled, not at all liking the male neko's scent the closer he came, for it was a tom-cat thing. Territory was territory, first come first serves, he believed. A protective air rolled over him as he saw the other in plain sight, his tail high and ears alert while his face was washed to an emotionless expression. He almost growled, but all that came out was a threatening hiss, his hands straight at his sides and fighting the ways of balling them into fists. Connor did not want any trouble, but as a Noble, and part cat, he wanted to protect what was the love of his life's life-work. "What brings you here, pussy-cat?" He said casually with a single lift of his brow and pursed lips, nodding for him that he introduce himself. The tuxedo tom held his ground and glanced coldly into the other's eyes as he demanded an answer.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 1:36 pm

Waking up was always a rough task for him, especially when it was already so bright outside. He couldn't seem to open his yellow eyes enough to see right.  Trying to push himself up he looked at the man, hoping he wouldn't be offended. His nostrils picked up an almost... regal seemed the right word, scent off the other male, and realized instinctually that this was his superior.  And though his thoughts briefly resented that fact, he quickly decided he didn't quite care about his social class.

"I came seeking the Mora Lands.  I was given directions that led me here.  The cab would not bring me any closer and I ended up walking." How strange, he felt almost intimidated, as if leaving anything out would be a bad idea. "Unfortunately I could not fight sleep and a few hours before dawn I was forced to sleep. Can you point me on my way?" Realizing he hadn't introduced himself he finally managed to stand and held out a hand, still not quite realizing his position through the blur of waking up. "My name is Sairin Karsede."
Back to top Go down
King Connor
Mora
King Connor

Character sheet

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Connor shook his hand and neatly put it back across his chest, tucking it under his armpit while the other crossed over the other into a casual fashion. He shifted his weight to lean on one leg as he contemplated the Neko's words, flitting back and forth between both of the man's hopeful orbs and allowing some of his grief to trickle down his shoulders. This made him relax, in a way, so that he could act civil rather than bitchy around the other. "The routes leading here cut short at a certain distance for specific reasons made by the Queen. We try to push human boundaries as far as we can from our borders so that we do not have complications in the future with their race. They've caused us enough pain, we don't need them knowing about us being here anymore than we do." He replied nonchalantly, scratching the budding amount of stubble that rose into his cheeks over the sleepless night he spent. Connor eyes then darted to the loner's in a matter of seconds before he found the words to speak once more, "You are not free to be lead any where near the Mora lands until you've proven worthy of my Queen's attention. What skills do you have, or have learned over your time as a Neko? Were you of the many that escaped the kennels so long ago along with the Queen and I?" His voice turned stern again, peering to the tom as if he had no idea what he was talking about. If anything, he deserved a low rank if this is what it had come to.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 10:55 am

Realizing that he had both found what he was looking for, and that he'd made a horrible impression, Sairin frowned a bit. "I was studying medicine for years back where I was. I had all the knowledge required to take my exams to be considered for advanced medical training, but my supervisor refused to allow me to take the exam because of my species." He scowled. "At the very least I am skilled in Phlebotomy and Patient Care, and can work in a hospital or clinic." He stretched, trying to work the kink out of his back from sleeping on the ground. "I was given the directions by an old Inu who saw how I was treated at my job. I had no idea that he was violating some pact by doing it."

His mind started to go into overdrive, looking at his circumstance now that he was finally waking up. Terror began to seize him. He had no clothes, only enough money to get by for a short time, and no option if this place did not accept him. He would have to go cat for a long time to try to survive. And that idea made him sick to his stomach, he liked his cat form, but not for so long a time. Staying in his form for more then a day tended to make it difficult for his already spacey mind to grab the focus to change back.
Back to top Go down
King Connor
Mora
King Connor

Character sheet

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 4:25 pm

The tuxedo tom took his silence in his advantage, critiquing the other before him as he babbled about his past and what all he had accomplished before wandering here alone. Most of it flew past his attention, but Connor was no fool to get away with such actions as Noble. He listened to some things, an ability to selectively hear the things he originally wanted and sizing the other up and down until he was finally finished. The Noble male pursed his lips and pretended to not be impressed with the tom, but he would never say whether or not he was anyway. Sairin, or so that is what his name was, didn't see the most exciting individual, for he was rugged, and most likely didn't have a job considering his smell was burning his nostrils at the moment. However, Connor was too kind to say anything of it aloud to anyone, let alone the subject, and nor would he ever want to anyway in the position he had. Straightening his collar, he shrugged and put on a show while an attempted smile curled at his stubborn lips. "Consider yourself lucky." He simply said until his mind gave him a mental-made shove and kicked him to explain, "We need help in the division, so you're in. Orders will be given daily and you will be living towards the village's center where all the other specialty buildings are in the case we are in need of care. The houses have already been paid off, so you won't have to worry about that. You'll get paid regularly and in my advice.." He trailed, his olive hues peering into his as his smile vanished, "a shower will do you some good before visiting the Queen." With a final nod, he turned quickly on his heels and began walking before his chin averted near over his shoulder,

"Au revoir." And then he walked away.

[Change your name to Alchemist Sairin.
You do not need to post anymore. Welcome to L.A.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Cat Nap Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Cat Nap   A Cat Nap Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cat Nap
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: FAQ And Out Of Character :: Archives-