Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Protecting What's Mine (Liara)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Intel Michel
Prospect
Intel Michel

Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Empty
PostSubject: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 12:23 am

He'd known the location of this office since he originally moved to Lunari six years prior. Michel had never had any reason to enter its doors in all this time, until recently. Relations with the supernaturals had always been good in his establishments, Layla being a good partner to work with. She was efficient, and like himself, was quick to punish those who broke his rules. He had been at The Raven's Roost with her only hours before, discussing business over drinks. He had headed to his apartment after, managing to get a few hours sleep before coming to this place. Michel had not told Layla what he was up too. He was her boss after all, and did not feel the need to tell her every detail of his life. He in turn, granted her the same curtasy. I'm just protéger mine quoi. It still didn't sit well though. It would be like returning turning to the bayou all over agin. Despite the stolen hours of sleep he had gotten, Michel did not feel all that refreshed as he stepped into the small waiting room. The decor was bland to the males personal taste.

The secretary that greeted him, smiled at him with unneeded charm. It was a common reaction, one that always brought a grin to his lips. Michel liked to look his best and today was no different. His suit was a light beige, tailored to fit all his curves. He wore dark brown leather shoes, shined to perfection. He ran a hand across his clean shaven chin as he halted infront of her desk. "I have an appointment", his voice held a french accented. She nodded vigorously, telling him that he was welcome to enter through the door and take a seat. He did so, taking a seat infront of the large desk that took up most of the room. Michel absently answered some text messages he had recieved from the previous night whilst he waited before replacing the phone into his pocket. This was a business meeting after all, the future of his Clubs and Bar resting on it. Had there been another way , Michel wouldn't have been sat there. But there wasn't. He needed assurance that the supernatural's that were causing trouble for him would be dealt with, if that meant turning to his own kind for help, then so be it.

Translation: protecting what's mine
Back to top Go down
General Liara
Admin
General Liara

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Files, documents, and old food was scattered all over her desk. The containers of unfinished Chinese were everywhere. She had been here all night. As she organized her things for hours, she was throwing away things and keeping others. When her room was already to tip top shape, she needed to stretch her legs. She grabbed a trash bag and slung it over her shoulder. As she walked out of her office, she looked to Claire. "Please allow my appointment to make it into the office and have a seat. I shall not be long." Claire smiled to her and nodded her head, "of course!" Liara smile and walked out to the back of the building. She opened the lid to the dumpster and launched the bag inside. She closed the lid and dusted off her hands. When she walked back into the office, her heels clicked along the tile floors. Along the walls of the halls hung all the photos of the great leaders who had helped the human race. Many of them were awarded for their valor, their strength and their undying passion for the human race. All of them had lost their lives. Liara was the only leader alive who had accomplished so much and still lived. She had her plaques and her awards, but she could only hope that someday she would join them in history as one of the greats. As she walked along, she finally made it back to her office and walked inside. She looked to the dark-skinned male in her office, eying him over and curious as to who he was. "Mr. Cartier, is it?" she asked as she moved to sit in her seat behind the desk. She pulled her chair close to the desk and grabbed a file from the pile. She opened the cover, looking through everything. When she looked at his paperwork, she spoke to him. "So please tell me of yourself. What brings you into my office? Why do you wish to join the military?" she asked as she looked up at him with a glance.
Back to top Go down
Intel Michel
Prospect
Intel Michel

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 22, 2014 6:00 pm

Michel looked up as the door shut, his lips curving into a charming smile. "That is correct, it is a pleasure to meet you General", his gaze followed her as she took a seat behind her desk. She was dressed in a uniform, but Michel could tell by the creases in it, and the shadows beneath her eyes, that she had slept here. It was a thing that Michel often did, though it made things much easier when your office was part of your home. His gaze graced her as she inspected his file. She was beautiful, that much was certain. Between her dark waving hair and hazel eyes, plus her uniform did little to hide her curves. When she next spoke, his mouth cracked in a sideways grin. " I have a, eh, proposition for you. I don't know what you will make of it, but I would like to offer you my services as an Intel", his voice was warm, like chocolate. As he spoke, Michel leaned forward, one hand undoing the two buttons of his suit jacket. His elbows came to rest on his knees, hands clasping together.

His black eyes seeked her lightened ones before he spoke again. "I was born in Canada, though I moved to New Orleans when I was just 16. I joined a gang there, manipulable as I was at the time. It was there that I learned all about the creatures that we share our world with. Once I knew, I became a spy for them", he looked down for a moment before continuing. "I was paid much to infiltrate the bars and clubs known to be frequented or owned by supernaturals. I used a serum I had been taught to make, to disguise my scent. With it I could appear as a Vampire, Werewolf or Shifter, whatever would benefit me". Michel licked his lips as sat back in the chair. "I left New Orleans and that life when I was 24. The past 6 years I have lived in this place. I am the owner of three properties. Two clubs and a bar. The club Pandora is strictly for humans, I have guards against that, but it is not my problem. The other club, Bump in the Night, is strictly for supernaturals. I never enter it when it is open, my partner Layla keeps it 'alive'. She is a vampiress, just so you know, and a friend from New Orleans", his voice was hard on that last sentence. He knew that humans and vampires had a fragile alliance, and that Liara would undoubtedly disapprove.

"Though Layla does not know I am here, she can be trusted. I just didn't want to cause unwanted tension between us, it would be bad for business", he grinned at her. "I also have the bar, The Raven's Roost, that is welcome to both humans and supernatural. The rules in all my establishments are simple; keep any species rivaly at the door, do not 'feed' on the premises, no drama, and take it upstairs if things get heated.- he listed each of on the fingers of his right hand - In five years, my rules have never been broken, but over this last year I have had more infractions than I care to speak of. Enough is enough", his smile had become tense, the warmth had left his eyes. His pocket beeped twice, but he ignored it. "My proposal is simple; I take up my previous role as a spy, in both my own establishments and others, bringing all that I find to you. In return, you help me regain order in my business, protecting the humans that go there". Michel's accent had become quite prominent as his tension grew. He did not know if he was prepared to become that man again, but he was willing to try. Michel was not one to give up without a fight.
Back to top Go down
General Liara
Admin
General Liara

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Drawn to his words by the eloquence of them, Liara stopped looking through the docents. His accent was interesting, though there was another lad who held an accent she was very interested in. He told her of his past, what he had been doing with his life. From the sound of it, he was a successful business man with a delight in knowing information. He wanted to know things as Liara did. This interested her, though she had studied all the books, read all the articles, there was still more to know about their races. She never took much interest in spying on them. Instead, she kept to the humans she knew. When he came to a conclusion, his offer, she spoke gently, crossing one leg over the other. "From what you have told me, I am interested, Mr. Cartier. But I must tell you, being in the Army will mean you will have to step down from your businesses. You cannot run them and still work for Uncle Sam. All your time and effort, sweat and blood, must be put to use for the people of our race, our species. In the event of a war, I will need all my assets available to me. I never want for another workplace matter to take precedence over the military. I can give you a month to get all your affairs in order. Just recently I had a recruit who owned a billion dollar company, his name is Airman Oliver, perhaps you should seek him out and find out what he has done with his company. I always look for the interests in humans. But you must also know, I despise Vampires. I will never trust a vampire or another race that is not human. I will make no agreements with the blood-suckers and if given a chance, I will slaughter one in cold blood." Liara's tone was numb. There were no emotions present. "If given the chance, would you do the same? Would you be able to take a life to save those of a human?"
Back to top Go down
Intel Michel
Prospect
Intel Michel

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Michel sighed as she spoke, but allowed his full lips to to stay curved. His dark eyes looked down at his clasped hands. Comment ai-je sais quelque chose comme cela se produise? Michel had known his business was failing, it was what Layla and himself had talked about the previous night. Layla had come to him with an ultimatum; he sells the bar and clubs to her, or she leaves. The offer had shocked Michel but only slightly. He couldn't blame her, he was only a human after all, and he wouldn't be able to manage 'Bump in the Night' without her. Michel had only known her for ten years, a minor pause in the life of a vampire. Michel had promised to get back to her, now it seemed he had his answer. He just wished he had more to fight with. Michel brought his right foot up to rest atop his left thigh whilst he stroked his chin in thought. "It so happens that your offer would be acceptable. Though it is not my most desirable outcome, it seems that it is the only one that I have a chance of a positive outcome from". Again his phone beeped, so he put his hand in his left pocket to mute it.

Michel raised his head to look at her again, the charming smile coming back into place like a mask. His head tilted as he spoke, the eyes narrowing in humour. "Many people have that opinion about vampires. I myself often feel that way at times, but humans have been just as untrustworthy in the past. Layla just served my purposes as I did hers, and it seems she will come into play again. Last night she offered me a deal, now it seems I have a reason to take it. My establishments will be sold to Layla, I know they will succeed again in her capable hands". A smirk escaped him as she concluded with her last question. Michel laughed, his deep voice echoing out of his chest as he leaned towards the woman that would make or ruin him. " Mon chère, avez-vous dansé avec le diable encore? I am quite familiar in the art of taking lives, be they human or other. And it was not for a cause as honourable as yours- he looked down as if he was ashamed of his misdeedes, but that was just a front, he was indifferent - it would be nice to change that". Michel stood then, smoothing his suit  before holding his hand out towards her as an offer, as a promise. "So, mon ami, do we have ourselves a deal?", his voice was as charming as his smile. Alluring yet friendly.

Translation in order of appearance - How did I know something like this would happen? My dear, have you danced with the devil yet? my friend.
Back to top Go down
General Liara
Admin
General Liara

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 pm

The way he spoke would not change her mind. This was the way things had to be. When he tried to justify the relationship with the vampire, Liara got enraged. She stood up, placed her hands on the desk and stared at him with a deadly stare. "The Vampires have done nothing but take. They do not care who they harm. They have nothing but blood lust for our kind. I have lost everything from a vampire, the leading the vampire, the first vampire. The bastard captured my husband, held him against his will, and when I found him, he did the worst thing." She stared at him, glaring and thinking of how she was going to word her next speech. "When I got to the scene, he forced Caleb to drink his blood, forcing him to change into a monster. He waited for the effects to start showing and left me with the choice to go after him, or to help Caleb. The truth was, there was no saving him now. Nothing can reverse the affects of drinking the supernatural blood. Caleb begged me to kill him, to end his life as a vampire. That he didn't want to be a monster. So I used my own blade to take his life. It was the hardest thing I have ever been through. It is because of him and others like him, that I am this way. Anyone who claims the friendship of the cold ones, has no business around me." Immediately, she closed her eyes and hung her head. She let her motions get the best of her, she allowed the anger to fill her blood and forced her to grow brilliantly. "Saving humans is what I do. It is what I live for. I will do anything to keep humans safe, but putting them in harm's way by making establishments for them to mingle and get hurt, I don't think that is right." She shook her head gently, but then looked to him and his hand. "If you want to join the Army, raise that hand and repeat after me: I, state your name, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend our laws and people against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the General and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." She raised her hand and kept her eyes on him.
Back to top Go down
Intel Michel
Prospect
Intel Michel

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 5:01 am

Had he been one to openly show his displeasure, Michel would have done so then, but he held his tongue and he kept his expression pleasant. He was sorry about her husband, no one should have to take the life of someone they loved. Through this he could understand her revulsion, but he could not agree with it. At least, not wholey. In New Orleans, Michel had worked alongside humans and supernatural alike. Sometimes he even found he liked the superaturals. The Vampires were always square, you could be fairly sure how they felt about you. The Werewolves had been his favourite drinking buddies, mostly because he could drink them all under the table. The Shifters and Mora were unique, but friendly enough. But Michel wasn't blind to the suffering they could all cause. He hunted as may supernaturals as he did humans for infractions against his bosses. Had he not have been stabbed and brought to his senses, no doubt one day he would have been turned by one of the heads who was a Vampire. He was 'too valuable an asset to allow to be lost to age'. But it is hard to find someone who is a whole state away with no paper trail, and a hole in his gut. Like a snake rearing its ugly head, the hatred he usually kept well tempered, came to consume him once more.

Michel straightened, holding Liara's gaze with a cold and emotionless dark gaze of his own. His hand came up, his back stiffened and his head held high. When he spoke, his voice was as hard as his eyes, but had an undertone of passion. "I, Michel Cartier, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend our laws and people against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the General and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God". He could feel the businessman guise leaving him a little, the inpromtue soldier shrugging itself back on like a heavy coat. Maintenant, j'ai fait un tour complet, je suis de retour là où j'ai commencé. The thought crossed his mind as he lowered his hand, and he couldn't help but smile warmly at the General. For six years, Michel had repeatedly told himself that he had left that all behind him, but it never leaves. Not completely. It is always at the corner of your mind, begging to be put into use again. And now he had an honourable reason to do so.

Translation - Now I have come full circle, I'm back to where I started.

Last edited by Intel Michel on Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:27 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
General Liara
Admin
General Liara

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 7:00 am

Change your name to Intel Michel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Protecting What's Mine (Liara)   Protecting What's Mine (Liara) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Protecting What's Mine (Liara)
Page 1 of 1