Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Warrior Spencer
Prospect
Warrior Spencer

Allow Me to Introduce Myself Empty
PostSubject: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:43 am

Spencer left the bus he had taken into town. He had a backpack over his shoulder, and his hair was brushed back, but as always was a bit fluffy. He put the hood of his hoodie up over his head before switching songs on his spotify app on his phone. He was clad in a gray sleeveless shirt, a hoodie, and a trench coat. The belt around his waist held up a pair of loose blue jeans which were tucked into his boots. The snow was coming down, and as it hit his leather trench coat, it seemed to melt instantly. As he exhaled, he could see his breathe looking as if it were smoke from one of his cigarettes. With that thought, he produced a cigarette from one of the pockets of his trench coat and lit it before inhaling. He had a habit of smoking, in fact it was so bad, he was sure it would have killed him by now had he been human. The music in his ears was keeping him from being too distracted as he headed toward the border of the pack’s territory. He could hear the snow crunching under his feet as he did so, and he pulled his coat tighter around himself. Not that he was necessarily cold, but he had to at least look like he blended in a bit no?

He had been walking for several minutes, snow collecting on his shoulders and arms as he reached the border. He removed his hoodie and took his second cigarette and placed the cherry of the cig against the bark of a tree, he could hear the fire sizzle and then get put out. He flicked it away then before hiding his phone in his pocket and turning off the music. It was cold, and it was quiet, but he knew somewhere out there someone had to be watching, waiting. People just like him were always coming and going, he could smell the different scents in the air. He couldn’t pick out a particular one, but he knew he was not the first to head this way. He threw back his head and let out a howl. He wasn’t shifting, but, he could at least howl. He was announcing his presence, and asking if he could join the pack. When the howl was finished, he could hear it echo a bit. He began to knock the snow off his shoulders and arms, but was surprisingly calm. If he was denied, he could always keep trying. It wasn’t like he was one to give up.

He ran a hand through his hair before looking around. He didn’t see any old foot prints, which meant he was the first to have come this way after the snow had begun to fall heavily. He couldn’t decide if that was comforting or not. Instead he just took it as a fact, and he reached into his pocket for yet another cigarette. He lit it up and exhaled the cherry of the cig lighting up fiercely at each drag. Come on.. he muttered more to himself than anything. He could be impatient at times, and more often than not, his mouth could get him into loads of trouble. His blue eyes scanned the area once more, as if he were anticipating catching movement. Alas, all he saw was the falling snow. He finally put the hood back over his head and waited. He was sure someone would come to investigate soon.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Lucian
Admin
Alpha Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:42 am

Deep within the confines of a large den, slept the ultimate predator. Wrapped in blankets and sprawled across the comfort of his mattress, the Alpha male slept. His eyes were closed off from the world and his dreams filled his mind. They were of simple things, a single smile and a simple kiss. But it was not of what these things were, but more so who they were from. Eden was the answer to his prayers, the dream come true, and his soul mate. She found herself nestled in his mind, unable to keep her from his thoughts. The wolf tossed and turned, but would not wake. Not until a set of four paws was pressed tight to his back and eighty pounds to go along with it. Kane stood tall on his master's spine and grabbed the blankets with his maw, tugging them off Lucian. The Alpha growled, but the dog did not cease. Lucian reached a hand up and as he did, it was greeted by the wetness of a joyful tongue. The dog licked his master's hand relentlessly. It was enough to make the wolf get up from his slumber. Putting his arm down, he supported his weight as he pushed off the mattress and Kane jumped off. But he was not far from Lucian. He wagged his tail and barked to the male, trying to get loving or some attention. Lucian opened his green eyes to peer at the pup. "Kane, you bastard..." he chuckled as he tackled the dog to the bed and started a little wrestling competition. The German Shepherd snarled and tried to sound as mean as possible as he was bear hugged by his owner. All the while, his tail wagged happily behind him. Loving nips and licks were both taken and given. Finally the victory would come out on top. Lucian stood with his companion stretched across his shoulders. His arms held him in place protectively, not wanting him to fall or get hurt. "What will we do today, boy?" he asked as he turned his head to gaze upward to the canine. Bending down slightly, Lucian released his hold of the pup. Kane hopped off and ran out of the bedroom. Lucian could not help but to smile. In the short while they had been together, Kane had found a way to melt the Alpha's heart, which was a hard task indeed. Perhaps it had been their ability to speak to one another through their telepathy or that Kane had been so filled with love, it was hard to reject him.

Whatever it was, Lucian knew what the dog wanted and even though Kane could go wander the woods on his own, he always longed to have Lucian by his side. Whoever said dog was man's best friend never saw a Werewolf and a dog together. The male followed his companion into the living room of their den. Lucian grabbed the tennis ball on the floor and threw it into the bucket with all of Kane's toys. "You need to learn to put your things away Kane. I can't always be picking up after you. You know this already.." he said to the dog. But Kane was nicely seated at the entrance to the den, his tail curled around his paws as he barked once and waited for Lucian to come. "Fine, we will go..." he said, but before he knew it, Kane was already out the door. Lucian made his way out of the den, shifting to his primal form. Standing at fifteen feet tall, he followed the tracks in the snow. Kane had a knack for jumping through the snow. He did not just run in it, but hopped through it like a large rabbit. It was a funny thing to see. Kane was quick to head to the border of the territory, as he liked to place his canine scent along it. Though no matter how many times he tried, Lucian would always mask it with his own scent. As the black Werewolf followed his pup, his eyes watched carefully around them. If anything happened to his dog, Lucian would kill. Kane was far ahead when the sound of a faint howl hit their ears. Kane barked once and sprinted through the snow. The Alpha male hung back behind the shadows, allowing the dog to greet the new comer. From the scent of it, he was a male and one of Lucian's kind. He was also a smoker. As the dog proceeded to the new male, Kane was alert. His tail rose into the air and his ears pressed forward. He had been watching Lucian perhaps a little too much. The dog barked and snarled to the new wolf, seeing what he would do. Lucian was not far behind, hiding among the shadows and the tall standing trees. How would this visitor treat his beloved companion?
Back to top Go down
Warrior Spencer
Prospect
Warrior Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Spencer had been waiting quite a few minutes, but he was not actually all that cold. In fact, it felt more like a harsh wind to him, but not enough to chill him completely. He shook himself off, snow falling from his shoulders and the top of his head, as it had begun to collect there. He had already gone through three cigarettes and was about to lit his fourth when he heard a noise. He turned slowly, peering through the trees to his left. He began to follow what looked like a ghost, his eyes obviously deceiving him. He slowly crept forward, dropping the unlit cigarette onto the snowy ground. He heard a laugh and as the figure turned, he recognized it as Ashleigh. Looking like she had when she had died, hundreds of years prior. She had been the answer to his ‘prayers’, and was dead. She had been taken from him by a jealous man, a man she did not love, and was forced to marry. He could remember the man clearly, and he had had her hanged for her sin. Spencer swallowed, feeling the weight of the world on his shoulders at that moment. There had been no one, nothing, not a soul in the entire world who had filled the void in his heart like she had. He reached out, but as swiftly as she had come, she was gone. He was left standing there alone, a hand outstretched as if to touch something that wasn’t there.

It was during that exact moment that he heard something approaching. It did not sound like a werewolf, but more of a four legged animal. Then he heard the growl and snarling of what sounded to be a dog. Unsure of what to do, Spencer didn’t look into the animals eyes. In fact, he kneeled down on the ground and offered out a single hand, palm down, for the animal to sniff. I mean you no harm, nameless one. He had never been one to treat an animal wrong, and while he did not know this animal had a master, the fact remained. After a few seconds, he slowly removed his backpack from his shoulder and opened it slowly. He reached inside producing the last little bit of deer jerky he had made. He slowly set it on the ground before the dog. They said food is the way to a dog’s heart, nameless one. Let us test how true those words are, hm? He smiled from under his hood before slowly reaching up to remove it. It was in that second he smelt a much stronger scent. Muskier. He slowly stood up then and looked at the dog before looking around slowly at the trees behind the animal. He could sense a far stronger presence, perhaps one of rank had come to see the loner. Perhaps the Alpha himself. From the scent however, he could tell the scent was one of a male.

While I mean no offense, by speaking without being given permission.. he looked at the trees before continuing. I can smell you, powerful one, and ask with all due respect that you show yourself. I am Spencer Eliot, I have lost my old pack, and am seeking a new one. He looked at the dog again, but not in the eyes. He was not sure exactly what to say, but offering up some sort of explanation would no doubt help him. I was a warrior for them, and there is no order, and no fight I will turn down, unless I know for a fact I cannot win it. For I have been told, that to be a good leader, you must first recognize what you cannot do alone. But one can always die trying. He smiled, as that was something his father had told him. I am not here to waste your time, or to rant about things that you find meaningless. Just that, I am in need of a pack, and have skills that can help and protect your pack. Still he did not know Lucian, the Alpha, was waiting in the darkness. He just had a sense it must be someone important from the smell. With that, he kneeled down, giving a dramatic bow. He remained there, motionless. He hoped, that shortly, he could see and meet the more powerful one lurking in the darkness.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Lucian
Admin
Alpha Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Kane was not a fool to the tricks of other wolves. There were two wolves within the pack he trusted, Lucian and Callista. Callista had a dog of her own, a beautiful Malinois. To be honest, Kane had a slight crush on her, though he would obey Lucian's command. The German Shepherd's coat was standing on edge along his spine. The dog snarled, standing his ground for his Alpha. He watched the wolf move to his bag and try to get out some kind of food. Although it smelled swell, he would not take it. Kane stayed still and barked at the male. Lucian had been watching in the shadows, he large form camouflaged with the surrounding darkness. When he realized Kane would not back down from his post, Lucian smiled. The dog had learned well. Lucian spoke to Kane through their bond, only for Kane to hear. "At ease boy, take the treat from the wolf and relax." Kane lowered his tail and the fur along his spine rested with the rest of his form. He leaned forward and snatched the treat from the male and moved to sit in the snow away from him. He chowed down on his treat and ignored the two males who were about to meet for the first time.

Lucian emerged from the darkness, shrouded no longer. His large form was exposed to its fullest. As he approached the invisible boundary from pack to wild life, he stared at the male, looking over him in a judging manner. Lucian inspected him and right away, he knew something was familiar about him. It was his face. "I have met you before... Your face is familiar to me. I once had a werewolf here, his name was Titus, but you do not smell like him. You just look like him, like a double or something along those lines. But I must tell you, my dog's name is Kane. So you can stop calling him "Nameless". But I will give you credit for one thing you have said. I am a powerful wolf, one not to mess with. So you say you know of pack life, yet you do not stand at my borders in your primal form. Instead, you expose yourself through your human shell. A wolf who knows where he comes from would not act in such a manner. How am I to respect a wolf who does not respect himself?" Lucian stared coldly to the younger wolf before him. He held back the snarl within his throat, trying to keep his temper as Eden had requested in their moments together. It was something he was trying to work on. "Tell me of these skills boy. For in the end, I shall be the judge if you are worthy or not."
Back to top Go down
Alpha Lucian
Admin
Alpha Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 1:12 pm

In your future posts, please use " " to indicate you are speaking. This is a literate site, and coloring text only does not show you are speaking.
Back to top Go down
Warrior Spencer
Prospect
Warrior Spencer

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 3:53 pm

Spencer stiffened at the words of the male. No respect for himself? What was this male getting at? Anger boiled inside him, and he exhaled slowly trying to keep it under control. Being judged was not something Spencer took lightly. Obviously this man was not afraid of alienating people, and that bothered Spencer a bit. He closed his eyes tightly before standing; he was not quite sure how to respond yet. But he was going to remain respectful, no matter the cost. If he angered the male, he’d be turned away, or more than likely killed. It was pointless to try and be snide and get away with it. He breathed in slowly and exhaled before opening his grayish blue eyes. "I apologize for my ignorance, sir. But I do not usually go walking around in my primal form when around, humans. I had to pass through a town to get out here, you see.” He smiled before chuckling. "Kane is very loyal, did you teach him?” It was a harmless question, but he was going to get down to business now. He straightened up, cracking his back, and his neck. He removed his backpack and trench coat and in a fluid motion, he shifted. He was not as tall as the other male, but it bothered him very little. Height was not all that impressive; it was the skills that mattered. It was the rank, the power to earn respect, and the ability to fight in Spencer’s eyes that counted.

Spencer did not look the male in the eyes, instead he lowered his head. "Skills you ask. In my old pack, which was nowhere near as strong as the one you are in, we did not count on numbers to help us very much. We had to think tactically. Ambushes, surprise attacks, using the shadows to remain unseen, and it was always to our advantage. If you play your cards right, four wolves can look like twelve. An illusion.” He exhaled then, as the snow continued to fall. He was not too happy that his backpack was going to become soaked from the snow. " I have trained in both my human form, and my primal form, sir. Alas, I could stand here all day, and still not be able to show you all the skills I have learned. But if you give me a task, then I can show you that I in fact mean business. He gave a bow then. "And to what you mentioned before, sir. I have never heard, nor met, a Titus. But, if you speak of him, I am sure he was someone to be honored. I hope to do him justice. And I hope to serve this pack.” His bow became lower then.
Back to top Go down
Alpha Lucian
Admin
Alpha Lucian

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:36 am

"Boy, I can give you a little credit for that... But only a fool would not be able to tell that humans do not come close to my borders. There is no scent of human within one thousand feet of this place. Any wolf who honored oneself would know such a thing." Lucian spoke and his eyes never left the male. It sickened him that one was not in-tune with his wolf side as much as he had been. Some would argue age was a factor, he had been living this life for far longer than any other immortal around him. But to Lucian, that was not a valid case. It was hard to shut off the wolf senses, to turn yourself completely off from the world and not know what was and what was not. But then the young lad brought up his faithful companion, Kane. "Yes, Kane is a loyal companion, the smartest dog I know. But it does help that we share a close bond with one another. He will do anything I say, because he knows who the Alpha male is. He knows many tricks, like sit, lay down, stay, shake, beg, play dead, and many other things. He's also been watching me a lot on my border acceptances. I think he is catching on well, don't you think?" Kane was busy eating his treat still, but as Lucian spoke about him, his tail wagged side to side with glee. Lucian stared at the wolf before him, listening to the words he was saying now. "But you are correct, talk is cheap and actions speak louder than anything. You could literally tell me anything you wished, and you may be doing it now, but in time I will find out the truth, whether you lied to me or not. But I can assure you, that if you did lie about anything I will know. I have eyes all over this pack and if you do something wrong, I will know about it. At this moment, you will be known as Warrior Spencer. You may explore on your own. I have some other matters to attend to." With those last words, Lucian turned from him and headed along the path of the border. Kane was quick on his heels, following after him with glee.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allow Me to Introduce Myself   Allow Me to Introduce Myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allow Me to Introduce Myself
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: FAQ And Out Of Character :: Archives-
Jump to: