Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Literate Fantasy RP

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Head Trauma (Blake)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:31 pm

The doctor stood there, coat over her arm, wondering what she could do. She'd lied and told the doctors and nurses that she was discharging Niko and taking him home, it seemed believable enough. They believed he was waiting outside for her to take him. But there she was, no Niko in sight. Snow piled high on the sidewalk, making the entrance to the hospital slippery. It had started to snow, a light powder drifting down from the clouds to rest on the world below. Across the street balconies were topped in the white frost, windows glazed from the freezing temperatures. A few stray flakes found their way into her hair, like a sprinkle of glitter weaving its way between the strands. Looking up at the night sky, a red haze was appearing on the horizon. She estimated it to be somewhere between three-thirty and four in the morning. That haze would sit on the horizon for hours before the sun actually rose. Soon enough the snow shoveler the hospital hired would show up for work, she couldn't be standing around looking lost and tired when he did. The snow was falling harder now, the snowflakes were easier to make out now. She'd heard that every snowflake was perfectly unique. Looking with the naked eye it was impossible to see. She squeezed her eyes shut. It would take hours to search the entire city. Even if she dared such insanity as shifting in the middle of a human-infested area, it would still take a long time. Dammit, why couldn't I have been a hawk or a sparrow? Flying would have been much quicker, and sooooo much more fun. It wouldn't make sense to see a lioness running around the streets of downtown. If she was some kind of house cat, or a dog she could pass herself off as a lost pet. Ah, but the police might catch me and take me to the pound for not having a microchip. This was so bad. If she was lucky Niko would've gone straight home to shifter lands and she'd see him wandering around over the next couple of days. But he was injured, concussed and, to the best of her knowledge, struggling to walk. He could be anywhere by n- "Ahh!" She jumped as someone tapped her shoulder, suggesting she go home with him. Barely a second later she spun and aimed a punch for his nose. It wasn't a very good punch and she couldn't tell whether it landed or not, but her instinct was wild. That was when she heard the growl in his voice and saw the face under the hood. Jesus, Niko! You scared me!" She shoved his shoulder. "Don't do that." She shoved him again. "And what the hell were you thinking, trying to escape like that? I had to lie for you." She shook her head, annoyed. "Come on, we've got to get you home." The Mender wrapped her arm around his, looked both ways down the street, then up at him. "Which way is home?'
Back to top Go down
Epror Niko
Prospect
Epror Niko

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 3:48 am

He started to take the hood off, starting to grin at her when her fist flew straight at his face. Even though he was surprised he let go of her shoulder and quickly moved back, taking a step back and turning his body partially to the right to spin around to avoid the punch and at the same time closed the gap between them, facing her with a smirk. He held up his hands in a universal gesture of peace, laughing,“It’s just me.” He laughed again as she shoved his shoulder, not moving from his spot and grinned,“You know, you’ve got quick reflexes for a doctor. You sure you’re not secretly an Amazon warrior?” As she shoved him again, he reached out to take her coat to put it over his arm in mid-shove, swaying to the side with one foot off the ground in a teasing manner. He said sincerely, his grin fading as she spoke about his escape,“I’m sorry but I had to get out of there.” He opened his mouth, just part-way so that she could see his teeth. He looked around for anyone that could be listening before speaking in a low, barely audible voice.“Look at this. The teeth beside my front teeth were growing into fangs, like a vampire’s.”He started to feel the bottom and edges with his tongue. They were still slightly pointy at the bottom,“I think I could’ve transformed in my sleep. Anyone could’ve seen me. And the place was giving me nightmares.” Niko continued looking at her seriously,“I’ll help you renovate the house to make it up to you. You need to move the furniture around right? It’s going to be heavy so I can help you move it around. And I’ll clear out the leaves in the gutter on the roof and clean out the house. If there’s spiders or anything.” As she wrapped her arm around his, surprise flashed in his eyes but he enjoyed the feeling so he kept it as it was. As she looked up at him, he looked at their left where street lights lined the sidewalk casting a glow on the concrete path, considering. Their home was a long way from here. Down the way he was walking. He couldn’t leave the Shifter lands unguarded. But could Blake make it all the way back? The apartment he stayed in was far away. He started to walk, pointing past some shops down the street on his left. He left the fact that they could transform once they were well out of the city to make it easier to get back to the Shifter lands because of possible prying ears and said, pointing downwards,Home is that way.”

As they passed a closed café he took off the cap, putting it on her head so that her head didn’t get cold and made sure to adjust it so that it fit well. It fit his head so it should fit hers. He didn’t think there was that much of a size difference between their heads. He was keeping his ears and eyes open for any signs of danger. Most of the time, the only types of people that were out on the streets at this time of the night were those that couldn’t afford to do what they wanted to do in daylight. Some could be quite harmless as long as you didn’t disturb them and kept to yourself like those who sold illegal drugs on the corners of streets or those that were doing illegal business in hushed conversations, looking around so that no one would see them. Or just crazy people. Just stay cool and calm. No overt aggression. Not unless they wanted to start something because they would prey on any sign of weakness and pounce. But others could come up behind you and break a bottle just for looking at them. Niko had to keep her safe. He reached out for her fingers, taking them in his and wrapping them around hers, holding them not too tight but firmly. It was an action he did without realizing it. He was feeling fine now. He could walk without falling. Head was hurting a bit. The only thing he felt like doing was eating something but he was worried too. He took on more glance around, taking in their surroundings before asking Blake, looking at her apprehensively,“I didn’t get you fired did I?”
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:15 am

She found herself smiling along with him, despite how annoyed she was. Her an amazonian warrior? Unlikely. Her arm felt oddly empty, like a weight was missing from it. Her coat was missing. Her head whipped around frantically, searching the ground for where it might have fallen when she aimed that awful punch for his nose. Instead she found it draped over his arm. Huh, he must've picked it up. She shrugged mentally. It was nice of him to do. He started to give an explanation. Her eyes scanned his teeth, indeed finding they were a little sharper than a natural humans. His tongue ran over the ends of his teeth as if testing the sharpness was still there. He was seriously worried by the fact that he could have shifted in his sleep. She reached across with her other arm, rubbing his soothingly. "Hey, hey, hey. It's okay. I was the only doctor assigned to you, only I could enter that room. Legally, no one else could without my permission on your behalf. If you'd shifted I would've fixed it. But that doesn't matter now. You're out and we need to get you home to bed." Her eyes closed as she breathed in the freezing air. Peeling them open once more she followed him down the street. It was good to have someone to lean on, she trusted him to guide her home. But she felt like he was leaning on her just as much. Like that weird statue in that old funny movie. Two friends leaning against each other, supporting each other. Or maybe it was just two balls. Something like that. With her left arm curled around his right, her right hand rested on his forearm. He placed a cap on her head and immediately she felt an increase in body temperature. She leaned her head on his shoulder while they walked in silence for a while. "You know, if you want to help with the house that would be okay. I've got furniture being delivered tomorrow... or is it today? Plus I still need to paint." She said sleepily. They'd passed a cafe, she could seriously use a coffee right now. But sleep would be better in the long term. Her tired eyes only saw the pavement at her feet and the shoes of the man that walked beside her. She didn't notice the illegal activities that surrounded them, nor the crazed mutterings of the mentally ill, too poor to afford proper treatment. Fingers found her hand and laced themselves with hers. He was holding her hand, probably for a little extra support. She let him be. He was her patient, he needed her help. She would - yawn - do whatever she could to help him. A question. The conversation would keep her awake. She shook her head. "No, I don't think so. I'm a better liar than you might think." She was so tired, so very tired. Otherwise she would never have added that second sentence.
Back to top Go down
Epror Niko
Prospect
Epror Niko

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 5:51 pm

She was smiling. A good sign. As she rubbed his arm, explaining nothing had happened to her job he relaxed. “Great,” Niko said, relieved.“Because you make a beau...a good doctor." He caught himself. He had thought she looked good in her doctor outfit but he remembered their conversation. He didn't want to think about it. He fell in step beside her, adjusting his speed so that he wasn’t dragging her by mistake but keeping a steady, fast pace so that they kept on moving fast. He felt his teeth again with a tongue. Still slightly pointy. He nodded in response to her. Yeah, what she was saying made sense. But he was really okay now. Only a slight throbbing, that was it. He was walking straight. No more double vision. But if she said he needed to get home to bed he guessed that’s what he needed to do. Home was where they could be them. He started to stroke her thumb absent-mindedly with his, wanting to caress her skin and keep it warm. As she leaned her head on his shoulder, he brushed off some snowflakes that had fallen on her nose tenderly, feeling it melt on his fingers from the heat from them. Flicking away the water onto the ground he glanced at her, eye-brows furrowing slightly as he wondered if she was cold. The walk would warm her up but they still had a way to go yet. He said,“Yeah I can help you move it around if you want to change it after the furniture people put it all in place. And the painting.” At this he paused thinking about something, “Then there’s all those giant rats you’ll find in the attic. I mean I swear I saw some scurrying around when we were looking around in the place…” He turned and reached her the back of her neck, tip-toeing his index and pointer finger from the bottom of her neck up towards the top teasingly.”Walking like this with their little rodent feet…hiding in all those dark, damp corners, running all over the place and hiding in the shadows…and then,” He paused at the skin at the base of her hair and gripped the back of her neck with a sudden movement,“They gotcha and it’s too late.” Letting go, he winked at her and said, half-joking,“Maybe we’ll find a friend.”

They had walked a good distance. Past the small shops, small grocery stores, even a bakery and some small eateries. Past a pharmacist and at one point, a bookstore, a music shop and a florist shop. All closed of course since it was so late in the morning. They were getting closer to the end of the cityscape. They were at an intersection with a traffic light at the corner of the street. The cityscape would end in roughly another three blocks where they would get into open ground without the buildings and then it wasn’t too far to the Shifter lands. Right across the street was a 7-11. He could get something to eat and then they could be on their way. Niko looked both ways before walking across, holding Blake’s hand tightly so that he was sure that she was with him. When they were on the other side he glanced at her again, eyes studying her face to see for any signs that she was about to fall asleep. She was yawning. Once they made it past the city borders he could carry her the rest of the way. Would food keep her awake? Maybe an energy drink but then she’d be running everywhere, hyped up on sugar. Caffeine? But they couldn’t get coffee at this time. He asked,“How much longer do you think you can walk for without falling asleep?”
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 5:02 am

Step by step they walked, the cities highrises giving way to lower apartment blocks, cute little cafes and boutiques nestled onto each corner. Ahead the bright light of the 7-11 sign pained her eyes to look at. Stark white against the softer yellow of the street lamps. Every third step or so her eyes would droop so very low until she could barely make out the blurry line that was the very limit of her vision. But in the following steps she found herself beginning to deviate her course. Whether she stepped away from her guide or headed towards him, minute as the change in direction was it was noticeable to her, forcing her eyes open once more. Smoothing his thumb over hers so soothingly didn't help to keep her awake, but he kept talking. Like he couldn't make up his mind: did he want her to sleep or stay awake with him? She wasn't sure, but sleep was so alluring. It might have been nice to spend the night wrapped up in Wesleys embrace, but as a Shifter she couldn't get into the human camp. If only he had a place of his own, just for the two of them to hide away from the world and its prejudices. She jumped with his sudden movement, blinking, now a little more awake. "I don't know about any rodents. Maybe the canaries have been taking care of them for me..." She giggled at the thought of the tiny yellow canaries swooping in like hawks and carrying away rats and mice much larger than them for their meal. "They still come around, you know. The canaries. They sing to me while I work, I pay them for their lovely voices with seed." She had a little box of birdseed she kept in the top cupboard in the kitchen. The canaries fed themselves mostly, but when they visited she treated them to a handful of seed. Dutifully, she stopped at the intersection, looked left, right then left again, crossing only when she was certain it was safe. The 7-11 sign grew painfully closer. Unfortunately for Niko, he'd woken up in the hospital well after the dinner run and hadn't stayed until morning, where he could've had at least some sort of breakfast. She wasn't sure exactly what time his accident had occurred, but she was sure he was hungry. If he needed something just to settle his stomach, she could stand outside and wait for him. She wouldn't mind. Better that he took care of himself rather than starve. She yawned again, the Mender was extremely tired. He asked her something. "Hmm? Oh um, I'm sure I can," - yawn - "make it." The woods weren't far now. Maybe she'd just find a tree and kip in the lower branches. But no, then she'd probably oversleep and miss the delivery of her furniture. She had to make the walk.
Back to top Go down
Epror Niko
Prospect
Epror Niko

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 15, 2015 8:18 am

“We should film it. You and the canaries together,” He laughed. He didn’t realize he was rubbing her thumb, his mind completely on their surroundings and all the noises and her. At this time, he had generally pushed his emotions towards the back of his mind but he did enjoy teasing her and hearing her giggle. He was trying to keep her awake. She just needed to hold out longer. If he could keep her talking then maybe he’d be able to distract her enough. Once they were across the street, he guided her to a bench that was right outside the shop on the sidewalk underneath a street light so that he could still see her. He paused, listening hard for any odd noises. For example any footsteps or car doors being slammed shut. The sound of whispers or a phone ringing or the drawing of guns or swords or knives. Looked for vehicle head-lights or movements in the darkness around them. And he waited, without saying anything for a while just listening and looking around quickly. Then he let go of her hand but reached inside the pocket, taking out the pentagram pendent with his other hand so that no one would see it and said in a low undertone,“I’ll be back in a second.” He turned her hand palm-ways facing up gently and placed the pendent in her palm discretely so that no one would see it, clasping her fingers over it. Use this was what he meant. Surprise attack to the eyes or throat using the metal part. There was no room to be squeamish when it came to protecting your life. He let go of her hand, making sure she had it in her palm. He had figured out what he was going to buy. He entered the 7-11, walking around the shop to pick out a can of Red Bull, a packet of jelly snakes and a tuna and egg sandwich with one hand. The snakes should keep her energy levels up. And the Red Bull was for him. The sandwich was for him. It was then he noticed a coffee machine in the corner. He went over to the machine, quickly mixing together something. Did she like coffee? Red Bull wouldn’t be good for her stomach with coffee. He didn’t know anything about coffee. Energy drinks were what he drank when he needed a boost. But Arwen had drunk coffee and she had always been bustling around with as much energy as she when she’d woken up in the morning, even when it was two in the morning. He made one, watching the dark brown liquid spill into the cup and covered the cup with a lid that had a hole so she could drink from it.

As he finished, he realized that he’d left his wallet at home. He rummaged in the jacket and jeans pocket for money and placed it on the counter, gazing out the window at her as the clerk scanned the items through without taking his eyes off her. She seemed really tired. She could probably take a short nap halfway towards the Shifter lands up in one of the trees but if he got her energized then maybe she would be able to make it. Paying for the items, he picked up the Red Bull and sandwich, holding the packet between his teeth with the coffee in his other hand and walked out of the store. Striding over to her, he set the can down on the bench and the sandwich. He passed her the coffee, mumbling,“Here this was the only coffee they had.” Putting the packet of snakes down on the bench, he picked up the plastic container of the sandwich and picked out the sandwich, chomping half of it off in one bite and chewed, swallowing it. He stuffed the other half into his mouth and picked up the container, throwing it into a faraway bin where it fell straight inside the bin on the first throw. He swallowed the other half of the sandwich in one gulp, barely chewing. He then took the can of Red Bull and packet of snakes, passing the packet to her. He told her jokingly, taking her hand and setting off,“Red Bull gives me wings. And snakes will make your stomach wriggle.” They walked further and further until finally, the city lights were far, far behind them and they were on open ground with nothing but a span of sparse woods in front of them that led deeper into the forest and a blackish-blue sky full of stars above them. The Shifter lands would be farther into the thicker part of the woods. He had finished the can, coming to a stop near an old tree with the bark peeling off and let go of her hand. He had no idea how much energy she had now. The caffeine and sugar from the snakes would’ve given her energy but they'd walked for quite a while so he wanted to give her a chance to rest.“Let’s take a rest for a little while.” He leaned back against the trunk of the tree, taking off the jacket and passing it to her. It was cold at this time with the snow and the air. He sat down at the base of the tree in the snow and rested his head back against the tree trunk, saying as a way of reassurance.“I’ll be right here so nothing will happen to you.” He was slightly twitchy, tapping his foot against the snowy ground and moving in one place. His eyes darted fast, scouring the area at a rapid pace and he was crushing the can with his hand unconsciously. They would both crash hard when they got back to the Shifter lands.
Back to top Go down
Mender Blake
Shifter
Mender Blake

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 7:11 am

She smiled. "I don't need to film them when I can see them with my own eyes. But you're more than welcome to" - yawn - "come and say hello. Although, I think the male's still a bit bitter towards you. You know how it is, cats chasing birds and all." She grinned up at him, her eyes blinded by the lights coming from the seven-eleven. She was guided to a little bench on the sidewalk, just in view of the store. He sat her down - probably not a good idea considering her tired state, but she sat. He let go of his hold on her, reaching into his pocket for something. He kept it hidden in his hand while he looked around. She took her doctors coat from him so he could enter the store unburdened. He muttered something about being back, pressing something into her hand. It was hard and cool, but quickly warming in their clutch. Metal. She kept it concealed since clearly that was what he wanted her to do then he left. What was this strange item? Tiny sharp points were sticking into her palm, and she could feel another material, also metal, but lighter and more intricate. The way it tickled her skin made her think of a chain. She held her hand low in her lap, concealing it under the roughly folded coat. Prying a small gap between her fingers she saw the pendant: a pentagram. If she remembered correctly it was some sort of symbol of a satanic worshipper. Was Niko a worshipper of some strange, below-ground deity? She looked up, through the door of the store, he was at the little open-air fridge grabbing a sandwich. She nodded, looking back out towards the street. She figured he'd be hungry. A car door slammed across the street a little ways off. The tall man responsible for the sound looked up and around, seeing her. She froze, staring back, her dark hair floated about her shoulders in the morning breeze. Ever so slightly the sky was lightening, though still bathed in red. He started walking, loud footsteps bringing him closer and closer. She noticed he was wearing a hat and had his collar turned up. She clutched the pentagram tightly in her fist, the points of the star didn't protrude far enough to act as a weapon. But maybe she could throw a decent punch at him. Only in self defence. Never start a fight, but finish it well. She stared him down as he came closer and closer until he diverted his course and entered the store. She sagged, glad her fears were groundless. She didn't have the energy to fight off an assailant. Niko returned and she stood with a grin, trading her coat for the coffee and lollies. The Mender took a sip of the dark liquid, scalding it's way down her throat. But what she could taste of it was bitter and crude. Machine coffee from a seven-eleven franchise was not the best coffee in the world. She stuck her tongue out but clutched the cup close to her chest for warmth. She opened the packet of snakes, plucking an orange one from the mix and placing the head between her teeth, stretching the lolly body in a childish manner until it snapped. She swallowed and smiled up at him. "Thanks." She took another sip of the slowly-cooling coffee, as if her tastebuds needed a reminding of the unpleasant taste. Sugar might've helped it a bit.

They continued to walk their way out of the city, slowly eating their way through the food. Every so often she'd hold the packet up to him, offering a snake and telling him to choose whichever he liked. The sugary lollies would keep her going for a while, the caffein would too, but she'd crash hard at some point in the next few hours. They meandered through that strange transitional place of a city, where it wasn't all high rises, but it wasn't the open wilderness just yet. There were smaller buildings and parks, just like the one she'd sat in before she went to the border. But the trees were calling. Lions were not typically a climbing cat, they were much heavier and not as limber as most of their cousins. But a lioness could perch herself in lower branches to rest. She wouldn't be doing so on this particular evening, her human form was enough. Before they'd left the human society she'd been sure to toss the rubbish in a bin. Now, just into the tree-line, out of sight of peering human eyes they settled in beneath an old tree to rest for a while. Medically speaking, she'd been surprised Niko had lasted this long, being injured and concussed could be very tiring on a person, not to mention breaking out of hospital and walking through the city to get home. But then, he had had a few hours sleep while she'd worked through the night finishing her forms. She sat herself down next to him, taking her coat from his arm, she spread it across their knees for a little extra warmth. She nodded a sleepy thanks for his coat, pulling it around her shoulders. Her head rolled onto his shoulder and she muttered, "You and that canary... you're both," - yawn - "there... protecting..." She grew quiet, her words trailing off as though she didn't know how to finish. Then she slept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Head Trauma (Blake)    Head Trauma (Blake)  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Head Trauma (Blake)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2